Opening checking account online

Has anyone ever opened a checking account online? How long does it take to get approved? How do you sign the signature card? How long before you get your temporary checks if you fund it online? I was thinking about going with bank of america. There is one about 20 miles away from us.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• I would never do this. I would make the trek to the bank. Too much personal info to be entering online.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 2:11 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I also set the account up at the physical bank branch, and then register online so that I can do my banking online. Between that and direct deposit- I never need to go into a bank anymore unless there is a major issue that comes about. Just be sure to have a very secure password to your account. Good Luck!
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 2:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I've done it before, but with a bank other than the one you're thinking of. I didn't have to be approved, the account was opened instantly. I didn't have to sign a signature card. I got my temp. checks about a week later. Usually, once you've gone thru the process and it's all set up, a screen will come up that will tell you if you need to go into a branch for anything, and when to expect your checks, debit card, PIN # for the card, and anything else you should be getting. You can always try calling them, too, and ask them if they can tell you how long the various things will take. They should be able to give you a rough idea. Just make sure you are on the bank's actual website, and that it is a well known bank, I wouldn't do it with a little bank, only one that is well known and well trusted.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 3:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I set up an account online when I started being a ChaCha guide. It was fairly painless. I didnt get checks just a debit card.

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I did it with Bank of America. I was approved within minutes and actually went to the bank the next day and made my first deposit. I got my debit card a week or so later. I don't like checks so I didn't get them but you can order checks from a lot of places. You'll just need your account number and routing number.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• they send you a signanture card in the mail and it took me 2 days to get approved. i have bank of america as well. love them they are great.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Mar. 22, 2009