What do you think of unusually spelled names?

For example, take the name Caden. It can be spelled that way, or it can be spelled Kaydinn or any number of other spellings. Is there a difference in how you feel about this for girls and boys?

quirkymama

Asked by quirkymama at 2:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't care what you name your kid or how you spell it...

As long as you don't get mad when I misspell it or say it wrong! LOL

But, I like unusual names and spellings. It makes life intresting..just see the above remark.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 2:20 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I like when names are spelled like how they sound. It becomes really difficult for other people when you get crazy with names that shouldn't be crazy. Most of the time, those parents get really offended when you say the name wrong or spell is differently.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 2:23 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• yea for sure.... i like when they are different, makes them unique.... and the spelling is a big thing for the same name of a boy and girl

ex: the name tony....thats a boys names (my brothers nickname)

i love it for a girl...toni
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:26 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I love them my kids have different spellings my son is I'zake pronounced Isaac but I respect everyone for their choices after all they are their kids lol

tlc-mom

Answer by tlc-mom at 2:28 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I love different, not so popular names, I DESPISE unique spellings. It seriously screams uneducated parents.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:33 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I agree with gransmom...a little different is ok, but when you have to do a double take or cannot pronounce it unless the parent tells you what it is..the I feel that the parent didnt know how to spell it in the first place..and I feel sorry for the kid later on for having to go thru life explaining how to pronounce his name
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 2:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

are you serous ....get over your self you have no clue what eduction people have..... you are uneducated in the for sure

tlc-mom

Answer by tlc-mom at 2:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i like to spell names diffrent i want to come up wit something a little more original like if i have a girl her name will be kanajah and if its a boy it will be seveonte
    Anonymous

• in that for sure ...I was typing to fast opp's

tlc-mom

Answer by tlc-mom at 2:38 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i have a girl her name will be kanajah and if its a boy it will be seveonte

I like them both good luck
    tlc-mom

Answer by tlc-mom at 2:39 PM on Mar. 19, 2009