proper age to seperate bath time?

My children are 18 months apart in age. little girl 4 little boy 2. bath time is their favorite play time. I am always in the bathroom with them.

busymom24n7

Asked by busymom24n7 at 2:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think it would depend on them. I dont have alot of experience personally so i may be wrong.. but i would say maybe kindergarten age?

as long as the 2 kids dont see a problem with it, keep letting them bathe together. one day one of them is going to tell the other "dont look at my privates" or something & want more personal space-- from you & sibling i think that may be your cue its time to seperate. but until then, they are just playing in water together-nothing more :) kids are kids :)

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:23 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• When they start to be uncomfortable. If you never make a big deal about it then that could be a long ways down the line (that kind of uncomfortableness is a learned behavior I think from seeing parents be uncomfortable being naked around their children of the opposite sex). My son is 7 1/2 and my middle daughter is 6 and they run around naked all the time, dress in front of each other and still jump in the shower together. They don't think anything of it. It's just a normal thing for them.
    And some kids just develop modesty on their own. My oldest is 8 1/2 and she hasn't wanted to bathe with her brother since she was 6 and he was 5. She doesn't particularly like to bathe/dress with her sisters around either (she's like me, the other kids are like my husband who would walk around naked all day if I let him).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:29 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• They will let you know when it's time for them to have privacy for this sort of thing, usually in the late preschool, early elementary years kids start to ask for privacy. I think it is fine for kids to bathe together until then.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• they will let youknow when they feel uncomfotable or dont like it anymore .it all depends on the kids them selves
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 10:59 AM on Mar. 20, 2009