How do I know when it isntime for toddler bed?

Tuckers_mommy

Asked by Tuckers_mommy at 2:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's time when baby climbs out successfully, exceeds weight limits, or in some situations, if a new baby needs the crib and older baby seems old enough. Other than that I see no reason to move. I personally am not going to get a toddler bed because they seem like a waste of money. A twin bed with guard rail will work through high school.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:49 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I guess this would depend on if you are moving your toddler from a crib to a toddler bed/real bed or if you were moving from toddler to a bigger sized bed. Out of the crib I say when they are able to climb out its time for a toddler bed or tipping it over in my son's case (9 months). From toddler bed to big boy bed I moved my son when he was 2 years old. To be honest at the age of two I would have switched him from a crib right into his twin bed. The only reason he had the toddler bed was b/c he was soo small and young when he was tipping the bed over. He couldn't even walk without holding onto something whe he was put in a toddler bed, but it was safer than letting him tip the crib over. There is a weight limit on most toddler beds and I would see what it is on yours and swtich into a bigger bed when your child is at that or close to the weight limit.
    Charlies_mommy

Answer by Charlies_mommy at 2:50 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• We decided when they were 15 months to put them in a regular bed. We felt a toddler bed was a waste of money because it only lasts so long.

No particular reason, other than we felt they were ready to be out of the crib. They were getting close to the height limit anyway.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2009