Online Job Applications?

Question about Online Job Applications, has anyone had this happen?
So I applied online through my account at Jobs.com for a Medical Assisting Data Entry job, working at home- and I got a call today from a Agency called "Employment Select"- They told me that since the Client is Confidential they were contracted to pre-screen all applicants of the job and that they just had to ask a few quick questions. So I said "sure, thats fine". So she pulled up my application, clarified the info. then asked if I could receive Texts to my phone, if I had a computer and Internet connection at home, what sort of edu. background do I have, and what exp. do I have in the field. I gave her the info. and she said that I passed the pre-approval application and that she was going to forward my app and her additional notes on to the employer, and that I should receive a call from them. I am from a small area and have been a SAHM for 4 years now, so

BabyBeans0506

Asked by BabyBeans0506 at 2:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Beans, many companies hire an agency to prescreen. What you answered is called a "blind ad". They keep the identity of the company a secret because the company does not want to be swamped with phone calls/resumes.

Good luck!!!!
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 8:07 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• sounds like its a temporary agency to me good luck I hope you get the job

tlc-mom

Answer by tlc-mom at 2:32 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i don't understand the question...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:36 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Did your question get cut off? Yes you got a call from their contract staffing agency. As long as you aren't providing your social security number to unknown callers, what is your question?
    Anonymous

• YES my question did cut off, here is the rest:

been a SAHM for 4 years now, so I am a bit out of the hiring loop here. Is this a good thing?

I was curious if this was a positive scam and if anyone has had this happen to them and have it turn out positive??
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i don't understand the question...

I am sure OP thanks you for that insightful and well-educated advice. If you don't "get it" then "get on" with other questions. What is the benefit to other moms when you leave comments like this? Honestly?
    Anonymous