Which Do You Believe To Be True?

I was thinking of the movie Story Of Us. One minute the friend says-
"People don't change. You are at 80 who you are at 8."
Then she tells the other spouse-
"People change over time. The best thing to do is grow and change with them."

BubbysMom208

Asked by BubbysMom208 at 2:28 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Actually research shows that by the time a child is 4 years old, their personality is set. Meaning- you will most likely have the same personality traits for the rest of your life. Yes, actions may change overtime but some things will stay the same.
    Anonymous

• "People change over time. The best thing to do is grow and change with them."
    LOL, what were u doing at 8? I was playing Barbies. Imagine if that was the way we always are. Of course people change, they grow up and go though life experiences. We are always changing.
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 2:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Both! I believe that there are things about everyone that stay the same no matter what. We all do grow and change over time depending on our decisions and people in our lives.
    Jordanlover05

Answer by Jordanlover05 at 2:32 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• people def change with time,I Thank God I'm not who I used to be.lol But I do beleive if we live long enough,we all go back to being like children like we were before.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 2:34 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I believe both. There are a lot of things that are constant. In many ways you will very much be the person at 80 that you were at 8. At the same time we do learn from life and things change. We both change and remain the same.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 2:35 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I think it's a little of both. Life's experiences change a person over time....but some things never change.

I've been burned quite a few times, so I'm not as trusting of people right away as I used to be. In that regard, I've changed.

When I was 11, 12, 13... I LOVED NKOTB & would've given my right arm to have met them. Now that they're back... and I'm grown... I hit every show within driving distance, stake out the busses, have met them all several times, and just had Donnie sign my arm so I could have it tattooed (so sorta like "giving" my right arm LOL) So, in that regard.... I haven't changed at all --- just have a driver's licence and nobody to tell me "No, you can't go".
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 2:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• people change over time, you don't act the way you did when you were 8, do you? i don't.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 2:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Oh my, I loved loved loved NKOTB. If they were singing old songs, i think I would go see them. I don't like their new stuff.
    I have changed, I'm so not the person I was at 8. She was not very cool.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 3:04 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• People change. As you grow, you learn and you change.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 3:13 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I believe in both as being correct depending upon the person.

There are those that are willing to grow, mature, and change hence making the quote, "People change over time. The best thing to do is grow and change with them." true. Then there are people who are unwilling to change, grow, and mature, and these people tend to not really change hence making the quote, "People don't change. You are at 80 who you are at 8." true.

Change is an action that can be taught/learned, but it all comes down to choice by that individual, and for some they are just stubborn, ignorant, or unwilling to commit to change no matter how much of it may be going on around them.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 3:43 PM on Mar. 19, 2009