My dd lost 6 lbs HELP!

Ok so my dd was sick for 2 weeks and lost 6lbs she went from 30 lbs to 24 and i can see her ribs. I dont like that she has no fat left on her and she's still not eating a lot what can i do to put her weight back on her or get her to eat? please help

aubrees_mommie

Asked by aubrees_mommie at 2:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Ok, I know others will disagree with me, but as a mother of a child who is very, very thin on a regular day, let alone when sick: Is there any food that she really really loves to eat, even if it's not very healthy? If so, let her have it. Just for a day or two, so that you can see she has her appetite back. Once she has her appetite back, then you can put her back on her regular diet of whatever you normally feed her. If she won't eat something that you know she would love and never usually refuse, then it might be time for a dr visit to make sure there isn't anything still lingering that could cause bigger problems. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 2:58 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Give her what she wants... Does she take vitamens? Right now dont be to picky about what she eats, let her live alittle.. She will be fine, my kids go through this all then time..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 5:16 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Let her recover. Being sick for that long can really take a toll on them! Relax and let her eat when she wants, what she wants. Once you know she's feeling 100% then worry about getting her back on track for a healthy diet.

My son had rotavirus for a little over a week and dropped 4lbs. Once he was back to normal, it didn't take long for him to catch up again.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:26 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Have you thought of a "drink" maybe a fruit & yogurt smoothie, my little guy likes the carnation instant breakfast milk. They have lots of protein and calcium. Just a thought. GL
    Skyler11978

Answer by Skyler11978 at 9:32 PM on Mar. 21, 2009