If a guy cheats on you once and he shows remorse and that he's truly sorry, do you think he will cheat again?

Breezy1988

Asked by Breezy1988 at 2:34 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• I think it depends on the man and the relationship. What boundaries have been set to make sure it never happens again. IF you had any blame (like being sexless or emotionally uninvolved) have you acknowledged it and changing. Is he staying offline if this is how it started? There are so many factors.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:39 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• statistics show that if a good man cheats, gets caught and is truly remorseful then he won't do it again because he's learned what is important and doesn't want to run the risk. It's even been said that the marriage can grow stronger over it.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Once a cheater always a cheater.
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 2:46 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Thats not true mommy2karsyn...I cheated and I never cheated again.
    Anonymous

• i agree with mommy2karsyn..once a cheater, always a cheater. men dont change.
    sarrrr13

Answer by sarrrr13 at 2:48 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Yes!
    mothermayiam

Answer by mothermayiam at 2:53 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Depends on the man. My ex cheated, cried and said he was sorry, and then turned around and did it again. But, my dad cheated on my mom once, cried, said he was sorry, and they have now been married almost 33 yrs. That happened around 7 yrs into their marriage. It really depends on the man, if he's a truly good man who just made a really bad decision and is sorry he did it, or a jerk who made a bad decision and is sorry he got caught.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 2:54 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I also cheated in my last relationship and have never cheated again and would never do that EVER again!!! I more self respect for myself now...no I didn't have any then. It depends on the man just like it depends on the woman. Some people learn from their mistakes and some don't. Some feel bad for getting caught while others care that they hurt the ones they love and their reputations. Depends
    Anonymous

• My ex cheated on me when our second child was 5 months old. He was going to practically move her and her kids in the house. I gave her a piece of my mind and she broke it off with him. At first I blamed myself but in the end I knew it wasnt me. I didnt push him into another females arms. He would make statements about being with several woman at one time. Then he did it again when our 3rd son was also 5 months old. This resulted in him running off with her. That relationship didnt last long. Within a week of her leaving he quickly latched onto another girl. although I strongly feel that he was already seeing her way before then. He will do it again. Its just a matter of time. Im just thankful to be out of that situation.
    Anonymous

• Not yet!
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 3:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2009