Co-sleepers: Does your baby nap w/o you during the day?

My baby is 5 months old and comes into bed with me around 4-5am. But during the day she will not go down in her crib. I am a SAHM so it doesnt bother me. I just hold her in the rocking chair and read a book or something. This is how she naps every day. Will she eventually break this habit on her own?

She is very unhappy when I put her down during the day...she doesnt get any sleep and gets very cranky.

BunintheOven1

Asked by BunintheOven1 at 2:35 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What I did was put her in my bed, and nurse her and she would sleep. then I would get up and place a pillow with my shirt on it, near her. It worked most of the time. :) So she napped in my big bed lol.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 2:39 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• She sleeps in your arms every day? I'd try and break that habit as soon as you can, that will get old really fast....my DS sleeps with us a night, but will nap in his bed, or our bed, during the day by himself, but I put him down after he falls asleep.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• My 7month old does tries to do the same thing, so I let him fall asleep while nursing and then I put him down, works every time!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 3:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• my 7 month old son wont take GOOD naps alone in his crib,either i have to put him in a cradle swing and turn it on and leave him or I lay down with him in our bed and he falls asleep and i get up and put pillows all around him, but i cant put him in our bed anymore i reaslized one day he woke up just laying there and ended up on the floor so i put him in his swing now, but he sleeps perfectly fine in his crib every night since he was born, its weird if i put him in his crib to take a nap it will only be a 20 min nap or less and if he is in his swing or my bed he sleeps a couple hours
    djanowski775

Answer by djanowski775 at 4:16 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• My 6mo son sleeps with me at night. It began with him in a snuggle nest and when he began to flip I upgraded to an Arm's reach co-sleeper (wish I'd had that all along). During the day he naps in his cradle swing, or takes lap naps. He is tall and soon will be too big for the swing. I recently started trying to get him to go down in the packnplay for naps. I would nurse him or rock him, letting him get good into sleep and then try and sneak him down. He would wake up the instant his head hit the pnp and scream. He is even beginning to put up a fuss with the swing. I used to could put him in it when he was tired and he would put himself to sleep, more and more I am having to rock or nurse him down. Really, I don't have an answer for you, but if you find one, please share it with me. I am currently a WSAHM so I truly don't mind, I just worry about when I have to return to work and how he will do at daycare.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 4:27 PM on Mar. 19, 2009