At what age should your child see a dentist?

Asked by momparadise at 9:01 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in General Parenting

• Every dentist is different but most say around 2 or 3. My kids started at age 3.

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:02 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• When they have teeth, or by 12 months. You go to a pediatric dentist before age 3.

Answer by supershlea at 9:14 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My ped said age 4. That's when I brought my 1st DD. My 2nd DD started at age 3; she was a thumbsucker, so I was concerned.

Answer by gaamom at 9:33 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• i was told 12, but my son went to the dentist at 7 months when he got his first tooth. here in texas they told me i have to wait til my daughter turns one. matter of fact i'm calling today to make an appointment, lol

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 10:07 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My DS was 4 and I take him to a pediatric dentist. A pediatric dentist is definately the way to go! I'm going to take my daughter when she turns 3.

Answer by mc0504 at 11:05 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Your baby should see a dentist by the age of 12 months. Even if teeth are not grown in yet.

There are many reasons not to wait until 2 or 3. A pedi. dentist is the best for kids, they are comfortable around kids, and kids are comfortable around them.

This website may help.

Answer by wearingyourbaby at 4:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Well my son is 13 months old and he has an appt to see the dentist next week. We did have an appt when he was 11 months but cancelled because my daughter was scared of him. (she is 2 ) lol!! so I say when your child has teeth!

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 6:37 PM on Jun. 21, 2008