Do you know how many child molesting predators live in your county?

eriyassa78

Asked by eriyassa78 at 2:44 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• From another question there was a link to a website to check, I was appalled by what I found. There was 409 in my area! 409!! That is so scary. I am hoping to move AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Or as soon as my baby is old enough to play outside (right now he is only 4 months and hardly ever out of my sight)
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 2:49 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I know they are everywhere I'm just glad I don't have any neighbors... And I keep a close eye on my boys, I'm sitting outside right now while my LO plays in the dirt...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 2:51 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• my dh has the status of a sex offender but its a BS case that his ex brought against him. she did the same to her own father. but as for REAL sex offenders i dont know and id probably freak out and never let my kids go outside lol
    Anonymous

• No, but thanks to the Megan's Law website, I know what they look like!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I really like how the websites now let you know what they look like! When sex offenders are walking down a street they dont have a big sign over their head with their names but its hard to forget a face you saw on a sex offender website...
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 2:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i dont know about the county number but in my area code there is 105..yikes
    Anonymous

• 694....yikes
    Anonymous

• There is ONE in my neighborhood. But according to the Meghan's Law/State Police website, the pig was convicted some 13+ years ago, and it was the only offense. So while I know his exact address, I am mindful to avoid his home and make sure to never leave my children unattended even in our privacy fenced in back yard!
    Anonymous

• I don't have any, well any that were caught, I live in the woods.
    Anonymous

• just in our county we have about 564 but in the state of Texas there is about 48,280 registered sex offenders and that is just registered. California is number one with the highest sex offenders they have about 109,000
    eriyassa78

Answer by eriyassa78 at 3:32 PM on Mar. 19, 2009