should i be upset? i think he did this on purpose.

my husband has never liked cats. i had two coming into this relationship and then the night before last i heard him put the cats out. we moved to a new very rural area and our back yard is next to the fields that house coyotes and wild life. i wasn't to concerned at the time but one of them is missing and i'm afraid she has gotten caught by a coyote. i only got concerned when he told me he threw her out the back door rather then the front door. i thought what an a-hole how stupid could he be. she has only been out once before through our front door. our older cat has always been an outdoor cat until we moved out here. i was not surprised to find him the next morning but i'm extremely upset now cause this was my youngest sons cat. which he is a step father too. i should mention i'm pregnant. he said he did it cause he got tired of hearing them run a mock around the house at night. which i find hard to believe.

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 2:48 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• I got rid of a cat bc of that. It drove me nuts. I'm sure he thought it would be fine.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• aw i'm sorry , i love cats, i would hate if something ever happend to one of mine and espcially if my husband did. thankfully thought both me and my husband are animal lovers.
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 2:50 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• He's a jerk and I would be pissed! Sounds like he doesn't respect your property. Not Good.
    mothermayiam

Answer by mothermayiam at 2:53 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• well.... at this point probably the best thing to do is see if kitty comes back... one of ours disappeared for two full days and i was worried. also, in order to avoid future problems, find a solution for dealing with amok nocturnal cats that is acceptable to you both. my hubby doesn't like dogs, and i have one. he moved in and married me while i had a dog, so as far as i'm concerned, the dog stays until I decide otherwise. not only is your hubby being inconsiderate of your feelings but your son's. you could always ask him what he plans to do when the baby cries in the middle of the night...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:11 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• well i personally can't stand cats!! but i understand your feelings! i'd be pissed! and it does kind of sound like he ment to get rid of her! you'd better nip that in the butt or it might get worse! stand your ground girl!
    soccermama08

Answer by soccermama08 at 4:09 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i would be so pissed if my so did that to me i have 2 cats both are young kittens lately of them has started dissapearing for 2 days at a time i get all upset and suddenly she comes to the door,my moms cat does the same . don't worry your kitty will come back . it does sound like he meant to get rid of her, what he did was disrespectful to your feelings and your property, you should tell him how upset you are and send him out looking for the cat , tell him not to come back till he finds her. also tell him next time the cats are annoying him to put them into a room and close the door that way there not running around the house annoying him but are safe till you get up to let them out in the morning, good luck sweetie
    dee778

Answer by dee778 at 4:31 AM on Mar. 20, 2009