matted hair

My baby and daughter both seem to have this patch of hair on the back of their heads. Yes they have it all tangled after sleeping and napping. I'll brush it and it still seems to appear messy and dry and maybe even damaged. It's just this messy ball of fuzz on their heads.
Do you have a remedy for this. I've tried changing their shampoo, spray conditioner. I'm not going to stop either of them from sleeping on their backs. Just wondering if anyone can help?

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 3:25 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• my youngest son had this until he was 10 or 11. that 'matted-frizzy' look like when they are in a carseat for 5 hours. He strill gets MAJOR BEDHEAD- much worse than my other boys. He's 12 now. I guess some kids just have a harder time with than others. Hair Texture mabe?
    But almost all little kids get it from sleeping on their back of being a carseat for a long time.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 5:56 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• My dd has the same issue. I just spray detanlger in it in the am and hope it doesn't get too knotty throughout the day. I am hoping it gets better once she is walking. GL to you!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 3:28 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Nope, it's from sleeping on their backs and won't change until they aren't sleeping on their backs. When they are awake, make sure they have tummy time so they aren't laying on the same spot all the time. My son slept on his tummy from about a month old. He hated sleeping on his back and would get so pissed off he would flip himself over.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2009