I just got engaged...

I just got engaged and I was wondering how long most people stay engaged before having a wedding and should I get him a ring like he got me???

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 3:28 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• CONGRATULATIONS!!! Some get the guy a ring...I did not...and engagment length is up to you. I was only for four months and it is difficult to plan a wedding in that amount of time. I guess it depends on when you want to get married and the amount of time you want to plan your wedding...Good Luck!! and YEA!!
    apattinson

Answer by apattinson at 3:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I was engaged for 5 years until we married.. it is different for everyone. Whenever you are comfortable getting married! Its your wedding not anyone else's! As for you buying him a ring, yes you do/can before you guys get married. But he doesn't wear one until after you have said your vows!
    Anonymous

• It is totally up to you and whatever type of wedding you want. I believe that if you got engaged then you are are ready to get married now, but I waited a year so that I had plenty of time to plan the wedding. But if you don't feel ready to get married right now then don't start planning anything. I would not get him a ring, but JMO.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 3:31 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I WAS ENGAGED FOR A LONG TIME. I'VE BEEN WITH HIM FOR ALMOST 12 YRS. NOW. WE GOT MARRIED A LITTLE OVER A YEAR AGO. I DIDN'T GET HIM A RING. BEST OF LUCK!!!
    COOKY81

Answer by COOKY81 at 3:51 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• yay!! congrats! we were "offically" (with ring on my finger) engaged for 4 months before the wedding. now i was planning the wedding for about 8 or 9 months! I personally did not get my man an engagment ring...i've actually never heard of that!
    soccermama08

Answer by soccermama08 at 3:56 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I didnt get him ring till we got married. We were engaged for over a 2 years...guess it just depends on the person.
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 4:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I was engaged for a year and a half. It really depends on what type of wedding youwant, and how you are going to pay for it all. Congrats!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:02 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• There are no rules about how long the engagement has to be...that is completely up to you. I have never heard of an engagement ring for guys, but hey, new things come up all the time that I don't hear about! Whatever you want to do will be fine....enjoy and be happy!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:45 AM on Mar. 20, 2009