Has anyone ever eaten venician meat (spl?)

What does it taste like? Is it good? What do you cook it with?

Apr1l

Asked by Apr1l at 3:29 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Venison Fajitas my absolute favorite!!! Nummy it really does depend how you cook it and how old the deer was. I have had bad venison before. Basicly anything you make with steak you can make with venison.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 4:50 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• My FIL sends us some all the time after he goes hunting...I refuse to eat it LOL. Everyone I know says it taste good but I don't know, I can't bring my self to eat it. We have a freezer full right now!
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 3:34 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• venison?? Deer meat? Just had Caribu last night, tonight will be wild turkey! We love it!!!
    I don't find it gamey. You will have to taste some!! YUMMY!!! It tases a little like beef mixed with Lamb. It is VERY lean! so if it is sooked wrong it will be dry. It depends on where/what the animal ate the depends on the flaver and how old it was too. It is better for you than store bought meat!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 3:53 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Venison? Yes, I have and I love it. It is much leaner than beef. My dad makes chili with the venison, he mixes in ground beef. I have had venison steaks, venison stew, and venison summer sausage. I can't stand the smell of it cooking, but I love to eat it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:23 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Its all how you cook it and how old it is. I love it, I was raised on it! A friend of mine at a babyshower used venison in her sloppy joe and nobody noticed anything they all said it was great. lol
    BonnieboBonnie2

Answer by BonnieboBonnie2 at 4:48 PM on Mar. 19, 2009