apparently my 4 yr old has the rotavirusand we r scheduled to leave on vacation saturday, any suggestions?

3burrboys

Asked by 3burrboys at 3:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Health

• Maybe take some big pull ups for him in case he can't hold it to find a place??
    Anonymous

• Would you feel like traveling if you were puking and/or had diarrhea? What will you do if his condition worsens and he becomes dehydrated?

Upset stomach and car movement? Not a good combination.

Personally, I'd have already canceled my vacation.

Poor kid.
    Anonymous

• nah...rotovirus usually comes and goes fairly quickly. I would do as the first post suggested. Take some pull ups and also some dramamine. Make sure you have crackers and sprite on hand as well. He will be fine. Dont stop your life unless for some reason hes got a raging fever and can't get out of bed. But by sat, he should be feeling better.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 4:09 PM on Mar. 19, 2009