can i give my 2 month water?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You don't need to and shouldn't they have NO need for it.
    Anonymous

• No, because they get all the fluids they need through breast milk or formula.
    Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 3:36 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• My pediatrician told me it's not necessary but if I really wanted to give him water that it should only be 1 oz. in the morning and 1 oz. at night.
    Anonymous

• my ped told me that if the baby gets the hiccups to give 1 oz of water with a pinch of sugar so it wouldnt be as strong other than that i dont think you baby would need it
    Anonymous

• Also If you give them water by itself, a baby that small can choke on it.
    Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 3:38 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• my baby had jundes(is that how its spelled?) so my pediatrrician told me to give him water and take him out on the sun, and my other doctor says that babies feel more comfortable when they get a drink...and they wount get consipated
    Anonymous

• no I thought It will kinda help with gas and I was going to him 1oz anyways.
    Anonymous

• As long as a baby is getting formula or breastmilk there is no need for water at all.

But your question is "can you". Yes, you can. Keep in mind the baby that was in the news recently because his mother gave him too much water and he died from it, though.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:43 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• you can but you shouldnt and so what if they choke on water like the other mom said, its water so its not like they are going to drown from taking one sip but yeah there is no need for it, if you need it because your baby is getting constipated from formula or if their stools are hard you can give a few ounces a day but you should try pedialyte
    djanowski775

Answer by djanowski775 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• sparingly, but if you feel the need just a little bit. 1 oz like people said.

I also don't see how a baby would choke on water but not formula or breast milk. That's weird.
    Anonymous