What is the deal with PITA?

I get what they are all about, and frankly I agree with some of what the stand for but most of it I dont. However my question here is why are they always using naked people to prove a point? Honestly lately any time I hear or see anything about PITA it always has something to do with either lots of sexual behavior or maked ppl so WTF can someone explain please?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Having celebrities pose nude is the only way they can be sure they've taken off all the animal-products they wear on the 364 days they're not standing up as PETA spokespeople.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:22 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• PETA? They are saying that they would rather go naked than wear fur. They use celebrities posing to help draw attention to the cause.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 3:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Do you mean PETA? LOL, or are you really talking about pains in the @$$?

I think their actions are over the top, but their reasons are good.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:41 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Pita? I love pita bread. I use it for gyros and falafel sandwiches.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 3:41 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• LOL...PITA means Pain In The A$$! I think you meant to say PETA!

Anyway...the whole naked campaign, I think has to do with being anti fur--which is just one of their many platform issues...that and sex sells.
    Anonymous

• it's PETA. And they are for animal rights & against animal cruelty in any way, shape or form. Most members of PETA are Vegan or vegetarian. Google them, they have a site that can give you all kinds of explanations of what they are about. You may even want to go vegetarian after watching their video's....some of it is disturbing & will make you want to vomit next time you eat meat. Thay actually have some very valid points. Although, i am not a member, i am glad they are out there doing their duty.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:46 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• while PETA sounds pretty to the outside world people who have been deeply involved with that group says they are the exact opposite of what they portray themselves to be. 

mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:47 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• oh, I even make my own pita and falafel!! MMM!!!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 3:48 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Yes sorry I meant PETA my bad I am in way too much of a hurry and not paying attention to WTH I am doing lol, maybe I just don't get the whole thing because all of it just seems a little over the top to me I mean yeah sex sell and obviously so do naked women but some of the things I have seen of theirs is just distasteful
    Anonymous

• sex sells and PETA knows it
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:51 PM on Mar. 19, 2009