What will be the normal height and weight of a one year old?

My child's doctor is telling that she under normal weight and height.
now she is 18.4lbs and 27" .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Around 20 lbs for 12 months. So, give her a few extra snacks and some whole milk.
    Anonymous

• My baby girl was about that much at about 7 months lol she was born big though at 9lbs.
    oxojen178oxo

Answer by oxojen178oxo at 3:49 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• She does seem a bit small to me. Has she always been small? What did your pedi say you should do?
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 3:53 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• my daughter is the same way, they did all kinds of test and everything, even said i didnt feed her or take care of her properly. but i feed her, she eats all the time. . . she never stops. but her dad is 22 years old and weighs 110 pounds soaking wet with boots on. her grandmother on her fathers side weighs 98 pounds....is it just a fast metabolism? if you know shes healthy and youre taking care of her then .....dont worry. doctors dont know everything.
    Anonymous

• like adults kids come in all shapes and sizes.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 5:34 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I would ask what percentiles she has been in since birth. My son was about 90th for height and 15th for weight all along and my daughter has been about 50th for both. If LO is still about the same percentiles then I wouldn't worry too much. Kids are different sizes.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• My son was 33 inches and 21 pounds at 12 months. I don't think there's any reason to worry unless her weight has dropped and it doesn't seem like she's growing. All kids grow at their own pace and some are bigger or smaller than others.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 7:29 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I agree with everyone else, if her height and weight has been steadily increasing and she's stayed in the same percentiles, she's just small. If she has lost weight or had a sudden drop off, there may be cause for concern.
    JamieW

Answer by JamieW at 11:42 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Screw the doctor. If she is healthy then don't worry. If the majority of women in your family are small then most likely she will be also. Every child is different. She may end up rapidly catching up to "the norm".
    mumummum

Answer by mumummum at 3:53 PM on Mar. 20, 2009