How long does "morning sickness" last?

I'am about 15 wks and was admitted into the hospital for dehydration on monday and got out on tuesday. I have been haveing morning sicness sense i was about 6 wks and my dr. and nurses tell me it should have gone by now. Does any one have any suggestions as to help with keeping my food down?

av0531

Asked by av0531 at 3:44 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well your drs and nurses im sorry are idiots then because morning sickness can stay with you the whole pregnancy im sorry honey i deal with it still and im 34 weeks and 5 days when your stomach starts feeling just yuck try a peppermint or a jolly rancher they worked for me also nibble on those goldfish crackers they dotn sit hard and try to keep fluids in you as much as you can good luck honey
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Morning sickness varies from woman to woman. I had it in the fourth and fifth month and then it went away. I've known women who've had it the entire pregnancy. My advice is to always have something in your tummy....something small. Nibble on saltine crackers throughout the day. Having a completely empty stomach exasperates the feeling of nausea.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 3:48 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• For some just a trimester or two. But for me it was the entire pregnancy up until I was rolling into labor and delivery...I almost puked on the hospital floor, lol. Sorry!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:49 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• To add to my answer also: Don't eat big meals! Eat smaller meals and snacks more often.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 3:49 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Yep, the above post is right, morning sickness can last the whole 9months, however, a lot of moms dont have morning sickness past the 1st trimester.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:49 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• it usally last for 3-4 months and I would eat anything that I can hold down and wouldnt try anything else until after 3-4 months
    Anonymous

• well your doctor and your nurse dont know shit.lol
    bc i had morning sickness up in till i had the baby.
    it just depends on the person nobody really knows.

good luck.
    Anonymous

• before you get up in the morning have a salten crackers by your bed and eat one or two,
    before you even get out of bed i know it helped me allloott to do that so maybe it will help you?
    but good luck.
    Anonymous

• My morning sickness (with 3 pregnancys.. 2 boys and 1 girl) lasted the ENTIRE 9 months....... up until the day I delivered with all 3 of them!
    With my daughter I had to go in all the time to get IVs and stuff because of dehydration... most days I couldent keep ANYTHING down - not even water .. they put me on 1/2 a unisom & a b6 vitamin but it didnt help
    With my first son I took some pills but I still threw up all the time
    With my 3rd son I was on Zofran (I think thats what its called.. I get the name confused! lol) and still threw up but not allllll day long.. just a few times each day.
    Anonymous

• With 3 of my kids it was exactly 16 weeks for 1 it lasted 18 weeks. Nothing seemed to help even eating smaller meals. I lost weight with all of my kids and didnt start gaining until after 20 weeks. sorry im not too helpful.
    BonnieboBonnie2

Answer by BonnieboBonnie2 at 4:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2009