• In the Spotlight:

incest.

I dated and engaged a guy..ound out he was my relation on my dads side and then found out Im pregnant.

calm down I dont know that side of the family, so it was an aaccident and we arent together now. I DO NOT believe in abortion.

has this happened to anyone else. you can answer annonymously if you want..or are there people in the medical feild who would have an accurate answer to my question..being:

will my baby be okay?
any deformaties?
I dont think hes my 1st cousin
but I know he must be my cousin somehow..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• just because someone ask something you do not like doesn't make them a troll grow the hell up i smell a child playing on mommys computer as for your question most babies are just fine i would let your ob know this way they can run extra test if they need too
    Anonymous

• Odds are, everything will be fine. Some 1st cousins have babies that are perfectly normal. This is a distant cousin-so everything will probably be fine. Just take care of yourself.
    Anonymous

• From my understanding, as long as it is not close immediate family members the baby should be okay. I completely understand. I have met guys and later found out we were family. It was an honest mistake. Don't be ashamed it will all be okay. Just take care of yourself mentally and physically. Bless you.
    Anonymous

• I would find out exactly how he is related to you and discuss it with your OB. GL!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• The further out in the family is the less chance of something being wrong.
    Meaning if it was your brother then there would be a huge chance, cousin a little less.
    Anonymous

• If he's only your cousin it isn't that big of a deal. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• ya depends how he is relatedd to you if it is some far off whatever then your fine you really only gotta worry if it is your cousin
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• My cousin had a baby with my first cousin and she turned out perfect so i think incest would be like a brother or dad something like that.
    im sure you'll be fine.

good luck.
    Anonymous