37 weeks pregnant with back pain.

I am currently 37 wks pregnant. Yesterday morning I was having sharp pain at the top of my stomach then menstrual cramping this happened twice lasting around 45 seconds. This morning I had the same pain at the top of my stomach without the cramping. Now I am hurting in my back really bad. The pain is in the middle of my back. The baby is moving around though.. I am not going into labor am I? I am new at this please help!!

newmom2be202

Asked by newmom2be202 at 3:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like your getting ready. I had that happen too...a few weeks before he came.
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 4:01 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• it does sound like contractions yes but keep track of them when they get close then head in unless they just get completely unbearable then go in your 37 weeks now so they wont stop them anymore also keep an eye out for a gush of fluid that may be your water if that happens go the pain you discribed sounds exactly like what i had last week and i was in preterm labor ... good luck honey :)
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• But I am not going into labor right now.. Am I?
    If not does this mean I will go before my due date??
    newmom2be202

Answer by newmom2be202 at 4:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• no it would be considered active laor if they were at least 5 mins apart that is why i said count them and no it doesnt mean you will go soon you may have these pains for a couple more weeks
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2009