CASTOR OIL!

Please no bashing, I know the risks of using it! I just need to know if it actually worked for any mothers? I am 39 weeks pregnant, and in a lot of pain, I want the baby OUT. So did it work and how much did you have to take?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no it doesnt work-trust me i tried. the only thing that helped me was walking
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 3:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• no it doesnt try walking im in pain i cant sleep i cant move nothing but i would never use that
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:58 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• oh yes honey! It works! I was 3 weeks late, & i wanted to have a home birth. I did not want to go to the hospital to get induced, so i drank castor oil w/ 1 part lemon, 1 part honey & 1 part castor oil. The thing is.....yo will puke & poop A LOT! That is not fun when your laboring. What it does is get EVERYTHING out of you, & it WILL induce labor. But just think about it, do you wanna puke & poo while your in serious labor???? I took the chance because i was gung ho about having a home birth. And to answer your question, yes it worked. It made my baby come out for sure! And the labor came on pretty fast too.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:58 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Try talking to your doctor to see if there is anything they can do for the pain. If not, I'm sorry but I think you should just suck it up. Is risking hurting the baby worth it to you? Maybe try some yoga or prenatal massage.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:59 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• My sister used it and went into labor a few hours later but all the doctors I've talked to say it really isn't that effective. All it does is aggravate your intestines and cause you to have diarrhea. They said that sometimes it'll aggravate you enough to the point where you go into labor but they didn't recommend that I do it...So I didn't. Luckily my LO came a day after my due date!

Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 3:59 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Suck it up, no one said being pregnant was easy and shame of on you for risking your baby's health. Try sex or walking.

Anonymous

• 3 weeks late? hmm maybe THAT is why your baby came geeze
    Anonymous

• it made my BH contractions really bad like I was in hard labor, but never dilated. Sorry, I hear about it working more often though if you are overdue and the further along the more chance. Sorry!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 4:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

It's possible. but i started labor just 1/2 hour after drinking it.....hmmmm
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• im sorry but it is stupid to odo something like this i mean you even said you know the risks ! what are you thinking then
    Anonymous