What would you do?

I have been with my husband for a little over 3 years- we just got married in Oct. We have had a very very hard time this winter with my 7 year old son in school (behavior problems). I have tried to keep open communication with him but I haven't been in the "mood" very much. I found out he started communicating with a high school friend over myspace and called her a few times. I knew he called her once, he told me. I found texts on his phone from her saying he sounded confused, she couldn't stop thinking about him. I confronted him, talked with her. He deleated his myspace and her numbers. She lives 8 hours from us. She says he just sounded confused about marrying me but he had written her an email saying that he loved me and had married me and he shouldn't be talking to her. I can't get over it, I feel like he cheated. He is saying/doing everything he should..how do I move past this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't know what to tell you because I haven't been there.. but I know how hurtful it is when your husband has a friend that he talks to.. Because sometimes, thats worse than just sleeping around.. He confides in this person and trusts this person. However, he deleted his myspace and her numbers and she doesn't live there.. I'd say.. Be more open and honest with each other.. Talk more, spend more time doing things you both enjoy and things will work themselves out. best of luck to you! I hope it all works out okay
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Try therapy..family therapy because it sounds like the whole family will benefit from it. Good luck.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:06 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• there are probaly books about this too but therapy sounds good
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 4:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• It will take time. I would feel betrayed and its hard to trust again,
    Carli17

Answer by Carli17 at 4:33 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• why dont you guys go on a vacation...Doesnt have to be all expensive..
    rent a hotel out of town, and spend the day together..Have a whoel day planned of things to do together. Sometimes,we need reminding of how much we love someone.
    Hopefully, you dont learn it like i did, and realized you love him when hes lying in a hospital bed fighting for his life. I can tell you since that day, we both ahve not once for a monent tooken each other for granted. But dont let it ever get to whre its too late. Spend time alone together! Go back to where you first met..good luck!
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 4:54 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I like the answer above mine.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 5:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• You've done the right thing confronting him, now let it go. He has done what most men would not. Deleting her from his life. If you keep picking at the wound it will not heal. AND men love flattery, sooooo feed his ego, without making it obvious, that's what she was doing.That's why he turned to her in the first place.She made him feel good about himself. Men need that for their egos!!!
    MAMAMISTY33

Answer by MAMAMISTY33 at 5:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2009