Trusting again

How do you learn to trust your SO/DH when you have burned in past relationships by affairs?

Asked by mrschrono at 9:04 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• It can take time. You just have to remember that not all men will hurt you like those from your past did. He's not them. I'm not saying he won't ever do anything to hurt you. I don't know him so I can't say that. Just look at what he's done already, how he acts, etc. Does he seem trustworthy? What does your heart say? Over time you'll find if you can trust him or not.

It took me a while to fully trust my husband because of my past. So I feel for you hon.

Answer by amethystrse at 9:10 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I have trust issues myself. My husband has been very understanding and patient..that is important. The Number 1 way to build trust is Honesty. When my hubby tells me something and he know that the truth is going to get him in trouble, but he tells me anyway...that counts for building trust. It takes years to re-build trust that has been broken. Just be patient with yourself and talk openly with your husband about your feelings. good luck ..take care of yourself

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 11:08 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Well I think that trust is something that your dh earns. And when it is broken by them you have a really hard time trusting them or anyone again. I had problems before and my husband still has to put up with some of my issues. He has never given me a reason NOT to trust him I do trust my husband completely but I still have that fear in the back of my head. Maybe he will get tired of proving his love to me. I also think that when someone breaks that trust it isnt fixed over night or after a booty call. I really think you have to love that person and know that they are wanting to be with you and work with you in your relationship as well. I wish you the best,

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 6:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2008