tender lumpy breasts?

I weaned my son cold turkey about two weeks ago and my breasts are finally back to normal, well not how they were but that's another story. They aren't engorged anymore and are leaking, but I've noticed they are very tender and I can feel some lumps here and there. Are these just left over milk ducts or should I be concerned its something else?

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 4:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Health

• I honestly don't know but I'll bump for you... Can you call your OB or PCP?
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:21 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• what is bump (im new at this) and yes I can call them...I just dont wanna seem stupid cause I just stopped nursing and its just milkducts...but I will yes.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 4:23 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Bump is just a way to hopefully get your question on the "popular" list so you get more responses...
    And you'd be amazed at the number of women who can't/won't call their OB...
    I guess I would try all of the methods you would use when nursing to try to relieve some of the tenderness, you know wash cloths and all that. If it does'nt work I would definitely call them.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:27 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Oh ok...yeah I am hesitant to call like I said only because I dont wanna seem stupid but if other moms see it for concern then I will call.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 4:29 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I would call just to make sure you don't have an infection in any of the ducts...From what I understand if you do have an infection it can come across as lumpy sometimes... Then again it may be complety normal post baby boobie syndrome. I don't know but I'd rahter veer on the side of caution...I mean really they're OB nurses I'm sure they've heard much stranger questions than yours lol.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2009