My doc just called and said my HCG and progesterone levels are good and very high, but we didn't see a baby yesterday on the ultrasound. Now he wants me to have an ultrasound done at the hospital with a higher resolution machine. Yet he said to be prepared for a D&C tomorrow too. Is there any hope?

I posted earlier about having an ultrasound yesterday and seeing a yolk sac, but no baby at 5 weeks 5 days.

teach1bd

Asked by teach1bd at 4:09 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i wish you luck but if your hcg is going up then i wouldnt worry we didnt see baby til about 6 -7 weeks
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:11 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• aww im so sorry.
    did you guys hear a heart bet though?
    well i def. will pray for you.
    just believe god can do anything.
    god blesss you
    Anonymous

• yeah i didnt get to see my baby till i was around 7 weeks.
    i wishh you luck hun.
    Anonymous

• There's always hope its up to you to grasp it. I wish you luck my aunty went through the same thing and by your HCG being at a high level there is a 95% chance that you are.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 4:13 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I hate to be the bad guy, and I am not saying dont have hope but be prepared. I am so sorry you are going through all this stress, but make sure you have some kind of support with you tomorrow. I will be praying for you.
    Anonymous

• 5 weeks is still pretty early to see the baby. I seen mine for the first time at 7 weeks 5 days, and that was even hard to see. If you HCG levels are still good, their is still hope! Don't get too worried or panic, you will know soon enough. Good luck, I wish the best for you!! Just remember their is still hope!!

ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 4:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• It's not that abnormal not to be able to see the baby when it's that early. I had an ultrasound at 3 weeks 5 days and they couldn't even find the yolk sac. My son was fine, though, they're just sooo tiny. My sister had an ultrasound at 6 weeks, and they couldn't see the baby, but they did this other thing they can do with the machine, to find the heartbeat, and that's how they found hers.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 4:34 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• when i was in the ER a few weeks ago (5weeks 1day) they could barely even see a sack, but they said its way too early to really see anything. i go in today for a "real" ultrasound to try & find the baby...& i had to wait til at LEAST 7weeks for them to do that. my fingers are crossed for you...& if anything, ask if you can wait a week or so, to see if you expell it yourself...chances are they just cant find it yet, not that it isnt alive.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 4:54 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• my dil to be didn't see her baby until about 8 weeks either. she was worried for nothing....
    Niecie

Answer by Niecie at 5:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I "failed" a home prego test and even the hcg blood test, but KNEW i was prego. So I had an US done and they couldn't see a baby clearly but could see the yolk sac. They then used the US Wand (the one that looks like a huge vibrator..lol) and goes into you vagina instead of trying to read through your abdominal wall and discovered i WAS 8 wks along...

So keep positive

MD's HAVE to prepare you for any possiblities which would include telling you to prepare for a D&C (and usually the more they tell you the better cause when they don't tell you the whole story is when they are still trying to figure out the options and how to tell you things...)

Good Luck!
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:23 PM on Mar. 19, 2009