• In the Spotlight:

is it common for your baby to be on a certain formula for 3 months then all of a sudden get sick from it??

my lo was on similac advantage for almost 3 months then all of a sudden gave him horrible poo. we then switched to sensitive but that have him bad constipation. now we are on similac soy and that seems to do so much better. why in the world would it starting hurting him? its so weird!!

saraelf

Asked by saraelf at 4:17 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Something similar happen to me. My bb boy was doing good eating egg and soddenly he know is allergic to it. The doctor told me that there reaction to food can change very fast.
    Jamie8788

Answer by Jamie8788 at 4:21 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Not unusal. An allergy can come up at anytime and happen out of the blue.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:26 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• yes it is possible
    Niecie

Answer by Niecie at 5:22 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• yes the baby can get sick of the milk after 3 months
    lovie291

Answer by lovie291 at 8:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I used enfimil lipil and my baby started spitting up a lot and started having hard poo so at 2 months I switched to a soy and he does much better.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 10:16 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• What happens is you have to be exposed to something before you can be allergic to it. So you can't just be allergic to something, you have to have exposure... sometimes you will be fine while your body is fighting the reaction, then it can't fight anymore and gives you a sign that its had enough.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 1:24 PM on Mar. 21, 2009