Live A Different Religion for a week.

If you could live a different religion for a week, what would it be and why?

And I don't want the same religion just a different branch. Example Lutheran to Baptist...I'm talking completely outside your box.

AmmuJSE

Asked by AmmuJSE at 4:31 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have lived as a Christian and now am Pagan and the only other would be Hinduism or Buddhism

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:35 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Im not religious and I don't think I could try to live any religion for a week because to me it is all a load of crap! No matter what I would not believe any of it so it just wouldn't work. I think that is how it would be for a religious person trying out a different religion for a week too. They believe what they believe, hence why they chose the religion they did. Living another religion is not going to really work because that isn't what they believe and you can't just change your beliefs just for the hell of it.
    Anonymous

• like gmasboy, i have lived as a Christian (when i was a child) and i have been pagan for nearly 12 years. If i were to choose a different religion for a week i would deffinantly choose buddhism. In fact, i've been recently trying to learn more about it. Some of the practices are very similiar to what i do and believer already.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I wouldn't -
    Niecie

Answer by Niecie at 5:12 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Already did... I'm a Christian and was raised in a Christian home... dad was a pastor.

However, I did walk away from my faith and religion and practiced Wicca for several years. I later renewed my relationship with God and have not walked away or wanted to since.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 5:13 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I wouldnt have a problem learning about a different religion, because I'm curious about how they work as opposed to my faith, but I dont think I could actually "live it" fully for a week. To do so would mean giving up my Bible reading and prayer time, as well as missing out on worship service.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 5:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I wouldn't. I find this akin to a straight person trying on the Gay lifestyle in totality for a week, with SO included. Either you weren't straight to begin with and was at least bi or you came out of the closet at least to yourself.

I can read and study about a different religion for a week but not live it. I don't feel that conversion, reversion, apostate, or whatever you want to call as trying to live a different religion. The amount of commitment and dedication just isn't there if one is going to try it on for a week.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 5:24 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Ive lived as a christian(mormon specifically) and am now pagan.

If I wanted something different, again LOL, I think Id go visit the OP and be Muslim. :D

Why? Because I think it sounds like a very peaceful and close knit type of religion and Id love to surround myself in it for a week to get a true feel for it.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 5:29 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• If I decided to have a religion and be immersed in it for one week, it would be Judaism.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 5:43 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Hmm...I'd pick Muslim....I think its a loving and family oriented religion (and my aunt is Muslim so I could practice with her for the week)
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 5:48 PM on Mar. 19, 2009