What in the world is going on with her?

My daughter is almost 15 months old. A couple weeks ago we were in the car and she was asleep and all of a sudden she woke up and started throwing up. She then did it again in the car about an hour or so later. She wasn't acting sick or have a fever or anything like that. Well 3 days ago we were at home and it happened again when she was in her bed this time. Again no fever. She was acting fine; still smiling, playing, etc. Has anyone else had this happen? What could be causing it? I called the advice nurse and they don't sound concerned at all. I just don't get how come she keeps randomly throwing up and isn't actually sick!

Bamzakarat

Asked by Bamzakarat at 4:34 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• A few of my kids did/do the same thing, there was never a cause, it just happened. But as the got older it would stop, since there was no dehydration, fever or any "worry" signs I wasn't to concerned. It could also be something she is eating pay attention or keep a food journal and see if maybe you can find the culpret..for my oldest it was pickles, even though for months he had been fine with them. Good luck!
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 4:43 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I've had issues with my daughter doing that. It could be acid reflux (this is my daughters problem) or it could be a food allergy. Either way the advice nurse should've showed more concern.
    Anonymous

• check his lastoficus(misspelled) tube... my son did it all the time.. or could be stress too...
    Niecie

Answer by Niecie at 5:11 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• it maybe over feeding and they puke when they ate too much and playing too much after eating they food..
    mommytobe24

Answer by mommytobe24 at 5:27 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• My 3 yr old threw up every day until he was 2 yrs old. He has sensitivity to sugar and tomatoes. They FINALLY put him on previcid and it took care of it . He never throws up now except when he is sick. If you notice a problem with her throwing up after she has milk products like milk, try diluting it with water and try that. The bed thing, try to have her elevated when she sleeps. just about 30 degrees.
    ajijrose

Answer by ajijrose at 5:41 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• My poor dd used to do this all the time i never figured out why
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 9:35 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• keep a food journal first.. and make sure after meals you have a relax time of 30 minutes so she doesn't get too active and make herself sick. Otherwise if these don't solve it, call your doctor back and make an appointment.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:36 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• My oldest did this from the day she was born. She had acid reflux. Talk to your pediatrician. Could also be allergies, playing to much after eating, getting over heated(without a fever). Goodluck.
    mumummum

Answer by mumummum at 3:50 PM on Mar. 20, 2009