Ok Ladies!!

Ill be 36wks tomorrow so im on the safe side to go into labor...ive been in just pain for a couple of weeks now (not contractions, just soreness and pressure) and i want this baby out!! please bring on the tips to try and induce labor please!! any that ARENT wives tales...and no one tell me to take castor oil..it doesnt work.lol..thats classified in the wives tale catagory.lol.. yes this is my 3rd baby, so i should know all the different tricks but its been a while since the last one...thanks ladies!

tnteaton

Asked by tnteaton at 4:36 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would never tell anyone to take that oil, that's just STUPID. I know how you feel but you really need to let that baby come on it's own. just try a lot of sex and walking.

Anonymous

• lol well first off congrats and good luck
    you can try walking , stairs , sex , and this one sounds like an old wives tale but my dr said it does increase something in your body to help bring on contractions but fresh pinnapple fresh not canned
    congrats and good luck again honey
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:38 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• 36 weeks isnt on the safe side to go into labor. 39 + is.... just wait
    Anonymous

• LOTS of sex, walking, and even massage. Tell the massage therapist that you are ok to go into labor and that you want to and they will work on certain pressure points to help induce labor. That's how I went into labor (my mother-in-law is a massage therapist). Good Luck!
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 4:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• no. 36 wks is on the safe side....she's past all the development stages.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 4:41 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• All of them are old wives tales...your body will not go into labor until it is ready. if walking, sex, spicy foods, etc worked then those would all be banned throughout pregnancy
    Anonymous

• I am a Licensed Massage Therapist who specializes in prenatal massage, so I cannot RECOMMEND that you do this... but I CAN tell you that when doing prenatal massage, there are 3 spots on the body that I avoid because they are known to bring on contractions: the web of your thumb (the meaty party in between your thumb bone and index finger bone), your inner ankles (right behind the bone that sticks out), and directly on top of your shoulders, or your trapezius muscle. Putting pressure on these points has been known to bring on contractions because they cause all the energy in your body to flow downward. I do NOT recommend doing this because you should leave it up to your body- or more importantly your baby- to determine when to go into labor... legally I have to say that!
    Anonymous

• (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.)
    Anonymous

• fyi to the anon that is complaining about her saying 36 is safe it is and just so you know onaverage most babies inthe US are born between 34 and 38 weeks with no health problems
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:46 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• mrs owen its not. but i know im right.
    you are wrong.

like usual. :)
    Anonymous