• In the Spotlight:

i don't understand

why women get all upset when a child that happens from a one night stand and the dad calls it a "mistake" i mean obviously it was because he was being stupid and didn't wear a condom. i just think its funny that the ones that had this happen get all defensive over the word "mistake" because neither of you asked for that child to be concieved it just happened by accident.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• Some people take themselves too seriously!
    steponme

Answer by steponme at 4:46 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Yep that's something to find funny! I believe you have what is known as a superiority complex.
    Anonymous

• I don't think that it should be called a mistake but an accident. A mistake means that it won't happen again an accident is accepting responsibility for the incident.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:53 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Children are NEVER a mistake. The adults made a mistake and got a surprise.

happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 5:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• That's a good answer happyathomemum, mistakes are something your wouldn't do over again, surprises are something you didn't know you wanted until you got it.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 5:04 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Exactly what I was going to say happyatthehomemum! I was a "surprise" to my parents. They were in a relationship, but not planning or ready for me. My mother never considered me a "mistake". For me it isn't so much that my mother minded the word, but she didn't want me to think i was a mistake and something bad that happened to her.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:53 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• It is funny. I agree children are a blessing and can be an "accident" but not a mistake, I also can see though how a guy who has a one night stand who then never (or rarely) sees the child but only feels the child support coming out of his paycheck can see the child as a mistake because he doesn't recognize the child as a person yet. So many men do not have the nurturing instinct that women have and I believe that is where dad's are able turn their backs and not feel any kind of connection to their own child or children.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 9:01 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• OOoops
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 10:26 PM on Mar. 19, 2009