Due you truely enjoy being a SAHM?

My youngest son has been a handful from conception and I've rethought about being a SAHM. I loved spending my days w/my older son and am wishing we could have those good days back. I know soon this will all change as he'll be turning one in April and he'll be walking soon. I've just gone thru some really difficult days, several of them, for the past 10 mo's and am looking for change.

KimKoehler

Asked by KimKoehler at 4:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• Not me, I am enjoying every minute of it. This is the first chance I've stayed home this long with any of my kids. My baby is 9 months old and don't want to leave her w/a sitter to go back to work. I am looking for a "real" stay at home job so that I can stay home with her.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 4:46 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I love being a SAHM even though there are challenging days. I would be very unhappy if I had to leave my kids for 40 hrs. a week. That's not to say I never need a break from the kids, but I am blessed with a husband who can sense when Mommy needs some time to herself! Usually when I greet him at the door holding two handfuls of my own hair!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 4:46 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• yes I do truely love being a sahm mom. I would not trade it for anything. There are times when one child is harder to deal with but even them days i love it.

Im sorry your having a few bad days but i bet the good ones out number the bad ones.
    momto4boys03-07

Answer by momto4boys03-07 at 4:47 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Things are trying here too. I do enjoy being home with my kids but day in and day out is overwhelming for me as well. A part time job is perfect for me... as I think it would be perfect for you. It gives you that time to recoup clear your head and add different types of stresses to your life. As crazy as stress is I personally think its needed to function!
    Jacathon

Answer by Jacathon at 4:54 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Even though he's a handful - he probably needs you more than your older one does. Parenting isn't a rose garden.. you have many ups and downs and every child is different. From night to day to be honest. Don't give up on him... go to counceling if you have too. just don't give up on him. it will pay in the end. I had a problem child... he's now 21 and he's a joy to be around. still has some issues but has two jobs, supporting a woman with a child and pays his own way around the world. He has never been in trouble with the law (he's ADD) and i'm very proud of him to this day. I really didn't think i'd make it through - almost two nervous breakdowns but i got through it and was glad i was a SAHM. besides, the kids will remember that too.....good luck and if you need to talk to someone , i'm here....
    Niecie

Answer by Niecie at 4:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I Love being home, but I have had days where I wish I didn't have to be here. I tried going to work and I missed being home. SO I guess I would have to say I love being a SAHM but I also have other adults around me all the time, so it is not all on me, that definately helps. I hope your days get better. I know how stressful it can get, specially with a little one that is a handfull.
    aquagrl7781

Answer by aquagrl7781 at 4:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I LOVE it, my fiance has an INCREDIBLE career and has permanent stability. This has allowed me to become the Mother I always wanted to be before I met him. I was a very hardworking Mother outside of the home before I met him and it was a struggle to make ends meet. I enjoyed what I did (construction) but hated being away from my little ones. I met him and I am now able to stay home with the children and never have to go back to work if I don't want to. We are having two more little ones to add to the two we already have and I cannot wait. It's a HUGE blessing to be able to be with my children on a daily basis.

Anonymous

• It is a blessing, and I love my kids dearly. This is the best thing for them. But it may not be for me. So that is why I was searching for answers ... see if I'm alone.
    KimKoehler

Answer by KimKoehler at 5:27 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I truly enjoy it and would not want to be out of the house working. My boys have autism spectrum issues and Sensory Issues (Severe ADD.HD type stuff)

and I homeschool all 3. Some days are hard.less now that before. But I decieded I'd rather my kids have their hard, miserable days here, at home, with me than in a building with non-fmily members. And I'd rather they have their rough days here with me than without me. I know it would be harder on them to not be able to let it all loose in a safe, home environment
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 5:35 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I had to go back to work when my daughter was 6 months old and I hated every minute of it. There were certain things that we couldn't change that made it impossible for me to stay home and still have food on the table and electricity. Over the next few months I saw how she was benefiting from different toys to play with and learn from and that made me feel much better. She just turned two last month and is still in the same great daycare where they have lesson plans and exposure to things I honestly forgot about (like twinkle twinkle little star etc) and she knows the words. About 2 weeks ago she got sick and couldn't go to school and just needed her mommy to cuddle with her all day and that was what we did for 6 days and it was GREAT to be a full time mommy again. Basically I wish I could stay home with her but I feel less guilty that I can't because I know she is in a great learning environment.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 8:56 PM on Mar. 19, 2009