Please read ALL before answering. ~ Can a man be raped by a woman?

Rape is the unlawful compelling of a woman through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse acording to websters dictionary. Until this past decade the law stated the same. In 2000 the law was changed and there have been a handful of cases where men were forced in to the act of intercourse. Many still hold to the idea that if the man is aroused he wants it to happen and therefore is not being raped. However a recient est. stated that almost 30% of female rape victims achieve orgasm durring their attack. Erection is a physical reaction to external stimulation, same as orgasm.

SO, do you feel a woman can be or should be found guilty of rape? In your opinion is it possible to "rape" a man?? Or is his erection proof of his want and permission?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 4:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think its possible. Its rare. But its possible.
    Anonymous

• An erection is a biological response to stimulation...not an invitation. I firmly believe that a woman can rape a man and had an acquaintance at tone [point that prided herself on "preying" on male freinds of ours that had passed out.
    Any NON consensual sex act is considered 'rape" IMO.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:44 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• yes its rape in my eyes and a women should be charged with rape if they do it. Just because he gets an erection doesnt mean anything
    Anonymous

• I believe that it is a natural reaction to stimulation. I mean...that is like saying little boys can not be molested because its the same with a child. Stimulation will get a response even if it is unwanted. I'm glad they included males. There are more male rape cases than people would think.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 4:45 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• yea i agree i mean little boys can be raped by women. stimulation will cause an erection irregardless.
    Anonymous

• I believe and woman can and should be found guilty if she raped a man. Rape is rape bottom line...man or woman.
    lalasmom8

Answer by lalasmom8 at 4:47 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Hard for me to believe, but it's happened. Yes, a woman should be charged also if being accused of it.
    Niecie

Answer by Niecie at 4:49 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Yes, rape is about power and control. Women can go after those things just like a man can. Erection or not if he doesnt want it and says NO, its rape.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 4:49 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• tat2edmommy...sounds like we knew the same person..or at least a clone of one another. In college I had a roommate that would fake the amount she was drinking, hang around until guys passed out and then literally stimulate them and have sex with them. When they woke up, which was often she acted all seriously drunk and would say stuff to make them think they started it. She did get busted though. She tried it one too many times..with one too many guys. The last one was not drunk. He had a couple of beers and crashed...she thought he was passed out. He pressed charges. She pled guilty to feloney sexual contact with non-consenting adult. She was also kicked out of school.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:51 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• WOW! never thought of rape differently, but as bonesdragondrew stated rape is of control and power over the other and  yes I would say a woman can rape a man... 

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:01 PM on Mar. 19, 2009