Will the man ever STOP campaigning????

I am watching him speak at a town hall meeting and he STILL sounds like he is campaigning.."we need to se this change" , "Our healthcare system is awful", and so on and so forth.....
Why doesn't he stay his happy butt in Washington and get stuff DONE and get off the trail?

If this is a common practice and I don't realize it please let me know. I didn't vote for the man but I DO want the country to turn around and it seems to me that Nancy Polosi and Barney Frank are more in charge and hands on than he is!!

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 4:44 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Appearances are common, what he's doing is not. Usually appearances are for special occasions - he's the opposite, he'll make special appearances at the drop of a hat and only stay home when something comes up so major he's not allowed to leave.

More to the point, special appearances are usually about sharing a very brief piece of information on a subject specific to the appearance - make a statement on energy while visiting a new technology plant or reading a book to some kids and making a brief statement about education. It's not about touring different places to make stump speeches and campaign for a program to win people over. Instead of making statements of convenience while he's doing something for other reasons, he's inventing excuses to travel to places to deliver a full campaign.

Did he retain his full campaign staff on his own staff? It seems like they're running the show instead of experienced admin staff.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:11 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I think hes campaigning for 2012

Answer by gemgem at 4:45 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• HOPEfully his campaign rhetoric will end in Nov. 2012!
    Anonymous

• It is common practice for presidents to make public appearances to drum up support for their proposals. They all do it.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 4:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Yes, it does seem like he is still campaigning but I think that is because he is starting to get the message about how really ticked off people are. He may be starting to campaign early for the next election. He has already given us enough change and no hope to last through the next 3 or 4 presidents.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 4:56 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• It just seems like he is still playing at this. Like Polosi and Frank and Dodd are the grown ups and Obama is trotted out for shows (like the tonight show! omg) and to drum up support but he doesn't act like the guy in charge!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Yeah, it's kind of like "Bring your president to work day!" lol
    Anonymous

• momof that is exactly what i've been thinking.Like he is someone elses puppet.Scarey who could be behind those strings....
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:04 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• He just can't make anybody happy. Just the other day people who don't like him were complaining about why he don't visit the every day people. What you want him to do OP?

Anonymous

• I must have missed that one Anon. Why would he need to visit everyday people? Which question was that?
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:56 PM on Mar. 19, 2009