my 10 year old daughter has very curly hair cant maintaine it !!!!!!!!!!!

my ten year old daughter layla has very curly hair and i dont pay to get her hair done because i think it is a waste of money ... what are som good products i can use on her hair for her to waer it naturall keep it mosturized and detangled ?

mom2b23869

Asked by mom2b23869 at 4:48 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have the same problem with my daughters hair already too and she is 15 months old. I use two different things. I use a cream the comes in a pink bottle with a green lid i believe that is called Just For Me...I think. I get it from walmart for a couple bucks that works really well in her hair. I usually put it in when i get her dressed in the morning. I also just got this detangler spray from a Sally beauty store. I can't remember the name but its specifically for kids and its in a purple bottle with butterflies on it. I like them both. The spray is like a couple bucks as well. Good luck. I know how it is!
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 4:51 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• My daughter also has naturally curly hair (she's 8). One thing that has helped hers be more manageable was to take the thinning shears to it! It lays better and is easier to comb through. I also use some gel in it (a little-- any brand), and leave-in conditioner (any brand). Also, NEVER dry comb it if you don't want it to look like a haystack! If her hair is dry and needs combed, I use leave-in conditioner or plain water to wet it down. Hope this helps.

Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 4:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• sounds liek me when i was a kid my hair was hell lol
    try the johnsons detangler that worked for me also you can tryy this shampoo called mane n tail i used it since i was about 5 it was amazing they ahve it at walggreens
    http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?id=prod9126&CATID=304571&skuid=sku309126&V=G&ec=frgl_740579&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=sku309126
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• My sons hair is very curly and long-ish. He has sensitive skin so I use the California baby shampoo and conditioner and I style his hair with Aveda's Aloe and Flax gel. It is almost a liquid and a little goes a long way and helps keep it from getting frizzy.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2009