Do I have the right?

grrrarrr! I am 37 wks pregnant and I asked my husband to have our 2nd bathroom painted and done before this baby came...well he's painting in increments so the house is always smelling like paint! He works 12 hour days and goes to school at night so I feel like I don't have the right to complain, but its been 5 years since he started this project! WTH can I say or do to get him to finish it!!@#!?? Please help...(the reason I didn't finish this project by myself is cause he was the one that started knocking out bits and peices of the wall so I said to myself its your mess you finish it)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• You have every right to be upset
    He needs to finish what he started
    Your home needs to be livable before baby arrives
    Paint fumes are potentially harmful so put a foot in his a** to hurry up!
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 4:59 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• there's also always something wrong with him that he just can't do it...like he's feeling sick or whatever..then I feel guilty and tell him to go relax...ugh...I wish I could just be heartless about it.
    Anonymous

• well if you told him that its his mess and to finish it then no you do not have the right to complain about it...... ya kinda set yourself up for that one hun... so now I would try to sweet talk him into getting it done...
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• You do have the right to want your newborn baby to come to a livable, no paint fumes home. When my husband redid our bathroom and did bits and pieces that went on forever; I packed up the kids and went to my parents for the weekend and said, when I get back this better be finished!
    That gave him the whole house to himself with no distractions.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 5:01 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Well my husband just suggested to me, that you should one day , let him see you painting it yourself. granted you are pregnant and paint fumes are bab for the baby so wear a mask. hubby said, if he sees this he will hurry up and get it painted because he wouldnt want you to be around the fumes..... but im not sure about that.... if he dosent care that your around them now then why would he if you started to paint. maybe its an ego think. Probably make him feel like less of a man, so he will do what is needed to feel like a man again.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 5:04 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Is it possible to hire someone to come finish the project? Sometimes even the threat of another person coming in to do the job gets a man motivated. I've had to use this trick with my husband. I just say, "Never mind, I'll call so and so and see if they can come do it." It works every time. Occasionally, I even tell him I'm going to do it myself and then he feels bad and does it. Yes I Know manipulation and guilt trips are bad, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 5:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• ugh, is this how its going to be with everything...just do it myself so I don't have to rely on him for anything? Its HIS house too, shouldn't he care?
    Anonymous

• If he's busy busy busy, why don't you ask someone to give him a hand with it?
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 5:06 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Do what you gotta do. If I said that I was going to finish it myself then he would let me finish it. He wouldn't care that I was 37 weeks prego. I wish you all the luck and yes your baby should come home to a paint fume free place to live.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:08 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I don't have any advice on how to get him to finish up but you should consider buying an indoor plant. They are terrific at filtering harmful air pollutants.

http://www.cleanairgardening.com/houseplants.html
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:06 PM on Mar. 19, 2009