taking your baby to get their shots?

does it bring tears to your eyes when you have to hold your baby when they are getting shots. i cant stand it. i want to just ask the nurse to go and hold her and i leave the room and whenever it is done go back in and get them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ugh, we just got back from the 6 month shots, i feel you mama, i have to have my SO hold him down while they give him the shots and i stand in the corner trying not to bawl :(
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 5:09 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Noway.. It did at first BUT they need them.. Im all for "no pain no gain"....
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 5:01 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I NEVER left my daughter when she was having them. She handeled it real well, a brief wine and that was it. My son on the other hand has only had one set (he is 2 now) but thats because he had such a bad reaction to the first that I am terrified to get the others. ( He had a severe allergic reaction to one of them, but they don't know which one )
    Anonymous

• No it doesnt, ...because i dont vaccinate my children until they are older. i select and delay my childrens vaccines. And came to this conclusion over several months of research, i still have a lot more to go!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• by the way, the rough estimate of the risks of a severe reaction (according to Dr. Sears) is 1 in every 2600. ...
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:08 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• It kills me to know that she is uncomfortable but I think about what could go wrong if she got the virus and then I pull up my big girl panties and just do it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:12 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Nope. My mind is all on keeping them healthy and soothing their fears/brief pain.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:13 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• You should never let anyone, even a medical professional be alone with your child at any time. Didn't you see that big scandal with Small Smiles, I believe it was...yikes!
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 5:44 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• If your child has to have more than 1 shot then ask that they give them all at the exact time and then it is only 2-5 sec of bad. and then you can pick your little one up and hold her to tell her everything is ok. "All done" i keep saying and my child does fine.
    ajijrose

Answer by ajijrose at 5:49 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• No... but if you don't like to watch you don't have to. It's fine to leave the room. I'm a pediatrics nurse in the hospital and we always ask the parents if they want to be in the room when we do things like IV starts or blood work... some parents can't stand watching (some shouldn't! not cool to pick daddy up off the floor)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2009