What would you do?

What would you do if your neighbors lived in a nasty house. By nasty, they have garbage everywhere,junk cars/campers,rats EVERYWHERE in the house,garbage all over inside,nasty smell,visable rat poop,black mold everywhere. They obviously dont clean. The foundation is also crumbing. Would you make a complaint to the city or leave it be? Would you want the house to be condemmed?
What would you do if it were your father and brother living there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Health

• ID talk to them since its your father and brother and point out the obvious and tell them it needs to be cleaned up before someone calls the health dept on them. Offer to help.

Answer by gemgem at 5:14 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Call CODE ENFORCEMENT w/your local government....family or not. The neighbor's will never know who called.

It is a health hazard and potentially dangerous. PLUS of course the nasty house brings down your property value.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Um, I have talked to them. I used to live there. It's gotten worse in the 3 years I've been gone. It's beyond livable. No body will be able to clean that mess, seriously. It literally just needs to be burned! The black mold in itself is a huge health hazard. They are always sick. And they smell when they visit. I'm afraid for them but they just won't listen to me...
    Anonymous

• I agree that you should call code enforcement. If it really is a much of a health and safety issue as you say, then they will condemn it and forcibly remove your brother and father from the property.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 5:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• for the health adn safety of your father and brother please call code enforcement. You can make the call anonymously and though they might view it as a problem in the long run you could save their lives and possibly even the lives of others
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2009