Is it normal not to have any idea where to even start picking a name for your 1st child?

im having a girl in september

tryna21

Asked by tryna21 at 5:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• nope- not with my first- she had a name when I was six months preg

my second is a different story..she was alive two days almost before we named her... we were between Jasmine and Faith- and after two days jasmine did NOT fit her in the least... she is very much a Faith.

My third has four months to go before birth and she has a name that I highly doubt will change...

I guess maybe it depends on where you are in life...
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 7:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Perfectly normal. And then sme people will have a name picked out before they even concieve. I like the website babynames.com it lets you save a list and even have people sign in and vote on it. Lots of stuff on there. Good luck!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:32 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• The names you could pick are endless so yes, its normal to not have a clue.
    Just start a list of your favorites.

i use to "use" a name for a couple of weeks to see how it sounded after I yelled it a lot. lol

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:32 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I had no idea what to name my first baby or how to go about doing it. I was 17 and never so much had babysat anyone. I ended up naming her after a friend of mine and choosing a middle name I saw in a baby book.

Answer by gemgem at 5:33 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• No, a lot of people don't have an name till after their baby is born. Me on the other hand...started thinking of names with my DH when we were on our second date...That's not normal LOL
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 5:38 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• we had no idea even with our second because she is a girl lol if it would had been a boy that was a no brainer on our part my husband wants our first boy together to be named after him
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:53 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• DH and I are having the same trouble but this is number 4. We had thought we were having another girl and had been talking about names but this is our 3rd boy. We named the first one after dh, then a girl that we agreed on the name, I named the second son. DH wants Hair (a Spanish name that is not pronounced the way Americans would say it) so we are stuck as well. I even have pages of names for him to go through that I've found on the internet. So far the only nam we can agree on is Orlando
    Anonymous

• i didnt know either. my fiance n i started goign througha book called 100,001+ baby names! lol. we were reading allof them then made a list n narrowed it down. the more u say it the more u either like or dislike it. lol. so we made a short list then started picking random anems we liked out of the air befor we even got to the "C" section of our book! befor we knew it we had 3 names picke dout for sure and in order. 2 for a boy and one for a girl! :) GL!
    HolleyT

Answer by HolleyT at 6:43 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• omg i have the same problem im due in aug though and i dont have a clue
    what to name i thought it would be way easyer than this.
    bc if i like something my man doesnt and if he likes something i dont.
    so its hard. lol.
    Anonymous

• First babies are usually the harder ones. Just please don't look around the room and choose a name that way because if I hear of another baby named: Sunshine or Rain (because of the weather), I'll scream! My friend picked "Naya" because of a water bottle... ;-)
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 9:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2009