Did you have a big wedding or small wedding or justice of peace?

I wanted a big wedding but my son was three weeks old; at the time we couldn't afford it. Got married at city hall

Yellowrose9

Asked by Yellowrose9 at 5:49 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Small wedding on the lake. We made our own decorations and for food ..a bunch of people brought a dish.
    Anonymous

• Justice of Peace but my husband wants a big wedding now.
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 5:50 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Got married at the little white wedding chapel in vegas over 9 years ago. I really believe that a wedding has NOTHING to do with a marriage. Everyone one feels different about BIG or SMALL weddings, in the end I just thought that having a big party and feeding everyone we knew was not that important to me.
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 5:51 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• We got married in Vegas with just the two of us there. Two years later we had our "big" wedding. It wasn't big at all. About 40 people. Ceremony on the beach with the reception in a small banquet room at a hotel on the beach. I loved our wedding and had a good time. Obviously we spent more than the Vegas wedding, but it wasn't outrageous.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I got married in a chruch and after that we rented a reception hall and had this even bigger party lol..the chruch was full but the party hall was full all the way outside too...but shoot as much money we spent it should have been a big one lol
    Anonymous

• At the courthouse when I was 18 and he was 22. We've been married 11 years this may. Our kids are 8 and 4 so you can do the math ;)
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 6:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Court house wedding - dont think we will ever get a real wedding since our family is spread out so much
    mrslloyd

Answer by mrslloyd at 6:13 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• The good ole judge came to our house. It was quick and painless. My husband gets tongue tied easily and it made me laugh : ) But all in all, it was amazing to get married! And I told myself I wouldnt cry, but he did!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• My brother got certified and performed the ceremony!; and my father walked me down the boardwalk, and my now husband helped me up onto the granite rock and we got married at the fen in Happy Isles in Yosemite Valley in Yosemite National Park. His best man was in a wheel chair- so we needed to be accessible... it was so beautiful. Small wedding, small homemade reception. Surrounded by people who love us and wish us only the best... best atheist wedding ever IMHO ;-D
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 6:23 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I'm amazed at how many people got married at courthouses/ justice of peace, That's how we did it and I've always been embarrassed to tell people, I guess I feel they will look down on us for doing it that way! One day we'll have our big wedding though!
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 6:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2009