We are going to Egypt it is our first big trip. Anyone have any suggestions?

I am trying to make sure we have everything we need, but also not bring too much. We are going to do all of the tourist things is there anything we should not miss?

Asked by klsfroggi at 9:10 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Travel

• My suggestions- always bring an empty suitcase, or be prepared to mail things home. You will take back a lot more than you came with! Make sure your passport and $ are ON YOU, not in a purse, definitely not a fanny pack. Not in your back pocket, your front pocket. And, be sure you know now what you want to see and do. I sooo hate it when we get somewhere and everyone goes "Now what?"

Answer by rosemary_09631 at 9:25 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Immodium AD!!!!! The water and food is less than plesant and usually give americans the runs! Even at theire version of McDonalds. Drink ONLY bottled water! Dont have drinks with the local ice.....and remember they really do not have sanitation laws there. Some food can make you soo sick you'll wish death on yourself. Get any and ALL meats well cooked and make sure you know what kind of animal the meat is from. They eat some strange things there. I reccoment 2 bottles or packages of Immodium AD! It is a beautiful contry though. Hope your trip goes well.

Answer by vbruno at 10:51 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I am jealous...can I hide in a suitcase?

Answer by SensualScents at 11:32 AM on Jun. 26, 2008