My 14 month old will not eat fruit. Help! Any tips to get her to eat them?

She Loves veggies, chicken, cheese, ect, but any fruit i try to get her to eat she takes out of her mouth and throws on the floor. Any help would be lovely!

Brianasmama08

Asked by Brianasmama08 at 5:59 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm with you! Except I can't get my daughter to eat cheese, and some meats. It worries me because she needs her protein. So yeah same but different question for me too!
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 6:01 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Fruit is not necessary. Vegetables have the same vitamins and are also high in fiber. If your daughter eats tomatoes she gets plenty of vitamin C and A. Google nutritional value of vegetables and make sure she is eating enough of them to get the recommended amount of C and A, but since several vegetables have them, it should be easy. Pureed (mashed) fruit in her cereal, or a bit in soup. or on a peanut butter sandich instead of jelly, would be a way to get her to eat them.

Answer by Bmat at 6:04 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Lol. Sorry I don't really have any answers for you. I just wanted to let you know you are not alone. I have the same problem and my daughter is the same age. She won't eat fruits or vegetables really. I've even tried to give her a piece of strawberry in a little whipped cream to see if I could sneak it in...no such luck. I think it's just a stage. I'm just gonna keep trying from what I understand it takes about 20 tries for a kid to like somethings.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 6:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Imogine, if your child won't eat cheese and some meats, then the meats she does eat will help. If she'll drink milk she is getting protein, if she eats yogurt, pudding, ice cream. If she only likes one kind of meat then that is fine.

Answer by Bmat at 6:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• try to cut them into cute shapes and make it like a little fun game is what someone told me for my daughter and it really worked!...
    TalindasMommy

Answer by TalindasMommy at 6:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I was actually going to suggest the same thing Bmat did. I really liked the mashed fruit on peanut butter idea.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 6:12 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I wouldn't worry about it. If my 9 yr old could eat broccoli and apples for the rest of her life, I'm sure she'd be pleased LOL! There is lots of stuff she use to like as a baby but won't eat anymore and she's always finding new things she likes.
    Anonymous

• wow lucky i have ooposite problem! my son loves fruit and the only veggies hell touch is beans of any type.. try the cook book deceptivley deliciuos.. it has lots of good recipes for purrueing fruits and or veggies and hiding them in kids favorite foods.. it has worked wonders at my house.. you can even check it ou from the library first if you want
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 6:32 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Bananas thin sliced, or cantaloupe for my fruit shy little boys. Try it. Or let them help prepare it or watch you prepare it.
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 9:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I take gerber fruits and mix them into pancakes and they cant tell that they are there and my favorite is to put a couple table spoons of apple sause and just a little bit of cinnamon it is really good and that is you are just making enough for her
    Duwanesmommy

Answer by Duwanesmommy at 9:58 PM on Mar. 19, 2009