H&R Block

how long did it take you to get back your taxes if you went through H&R Block?

mocamomma22

Asked by mocamomma22 at 6:28 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• We had ours put on an emerald card and got them back in two weeks. We didn't do the loan. It depends on how you want it. If you direct deposit into your checking account it's like a week. If you have them mail you a check, it can take up to 3 weeks.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 6:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Oh my gosh! lol you wouldn't belive how long it took me! I will never ever go back again! I was supposedly approved for 2 day. 2 days went by four days a week I called them and they told me it wasn't approved after all. So I waited a whole freakin month for my money only to get a letter saying they messed up, I was shorted $300. and it will come wihin another 6-8 weeks!!! It was the wort experience I've ever had and waste of $200.00
    yourmarkgirl

Answer by yourmarkgirl at 6:33 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• It doesn't really have much to do with H&R Block, it's the government. In most places H&R Block enters your information and uploads to the IRS right then and there. It usually takes about a week in early tax season, but this late in the season it could take 2 or 3 weeks. And that's if everything goes well. If you or your SO owe back CS or if you have back taxes anything like that, you may not get anything back. Usually H&R Block can tell you right there if there is a problem, they can't always tell you why, but it will give them an error if there is a problem. My step mom does taxes and she uploads once a week. Most of them file without a problem, those who get kicked back she calls and verifies the info if they don't go the second time, her clients have to mail them.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 6:35 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• haha good luck my man called n they didnt even file his taxes they screwed it all up so now we gotta go get his w2 so we can go somewhere else i am NEVER giving them my buisness or money
    Anonymous

• We got our federal back the next morning and our state back 5 days later.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 7:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• 14 days and I will never use them again! (not because of the 14 days ...it's a rip-off and they always screw something up)
    Anonymous

• H&R Block is a great company, and saved me a lot of money! ($4,357 to be exact) I went to one of the other guys and will NEVER go anywhere else. It depends on who you get too. Where I live they don't hire the run of the mill part time workers, they hire only certified accountants. It is owned by individules that rent a company name, and they hire who they want.
    You can get a check next day (they do charge for it), or you can choose from a week or 3 weeks. The sooner you want it the more it cost.
    Oh, keep in mind, you can let them do it and tell them before hand to not to file unless you like the amount, then take it somewhere else and compare!
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 9:48 PM on Mar. 19, 2009