Water for a 10 month old?

is it ok that i leave my daughter's sippy cup around so while she's playing and notices it she can have some? she seems to LOVE water, so i only put a limited amount. she knows where to get find it too! i guess i'm also wondering how much is ok to give her!? she gets so PO'd when she finds a cup and there's not enough inside.

*she's not diabetic, no other health issues. just very energetic.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Most sippy cups only holds 4oz liquids each. I usually fill my son's sippy cup with 4oz water three times a day, and each time, there's still some liquid left in the cup. Just warm and yucky. It is not like they really gulp it all down in one sitting, at least my son doesn't. As long as she isn't just sitting there, gulping it down, wanting more, and then gulping that down, too. I think you'll be fine with filling it with water and letting it sit so she can drink it as she plays. I do the same thing.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 7:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• just noticed that "...get find it..." typo. forget the "get" XD
    Anonymous

• My ped told me that at 8 months, my daughter can have as much water as she wants. I don't give her much, but she doesn't seem to like it yet. I can only give her an ounce at a time, before she pushes the bottle away.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• my dd(15 months) gets milk with breakfast. juice mixed with water for lunch and milk for dinner. other than that i keep a sippy cup with water in it for her between meals. her pedi said you cant give them too much water.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 7:25 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• fill up the sippy cup 1/2 way and that should be just enough for a child between 0 and 12 months
    womenrule

Answer by womenrule at 11:14 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• My daughter is 10 months old, and I have a sippy cup out with water for her throughout the day. She never really gets all the way through it, so I am not worried about her drinking too much at one time, and I feel better knowing that she has access to water whenever she wants it--usually as she is making her way cruising along the furniture doing laps in the living room! lol
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 2:32 AM on Mar. 20, 2009