Where is God now huh?

Where is God when there are starving children in Africa? Is letting them suffer before going into the "hands of God" part of believing?
Where is God, when there are PLENTY of people praying for death not to knock on their door, or wars to stop, or family members to quit abusing their bodies?
Where is God, when there are cancers that spread to loved ones, rape committed,babies being left in garbage cans?

Where is God now?
Where is God to say to that cheating spouse,"you're hurting your family."
Where is God when you can't fight the urge to want to die?
Where is God to guide to, when you are having troubles?
Where is GOd when you ask and ask and ask for him to help you,and you recive no sign of help,or ways of getting help?
Where is God?
(A little P.O'd is all. Bashing not required as these are reasonable questions.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• They are reasonable questions that you can only answer by yourself. I am sorry you are P.O'd and I hope you can find your answers.
    Anonymous

• God gave us the gift of life...and unfortunately living life means enduring struggles and hard times. God only promised all the horrible things would end when we were either in heaven, or when Jesus returns to Earth. This is all a part of life...and judge me if you will but I'm glad it's not perfect because then what would I have to look forward to in heaven? You have to remember that God isn't the only one that has a hand on the world...Satan is possessing ppl and corrupting minds to follow him as well. God gave us the choice to either follow him or take a different path, and many ppl have chosen not to follow him.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I think all of your questions are valid and yes, they are reasonable questions. I do the same "spouting off" from time to time.

But there's a VERY simple answer to all of that. GOD is RIGHT HERE!! Within you, within me, within everything that we see, hear, feel, and know. He NEVER LEAVES US. We LEAVE HIM. And our world is in chaos because of the simple truth, we forget that LOVE (GOD) is the greatest power there is.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 6:43 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• The othe thing I want to mention that has REALLY sunk into my heart recently. See, without the hardships and the "bad stuff", we lose appreciation for the "good". We all know that after a long hard winter here in Michigan that we're ALL very happy to see the sun and feel its warmth. We all know that after a bad illness we're all VERY grateful for the health that follows. We all know that after a loss of a job we're VERY happy to find a new, hopefully better one. Everything happens in cycles. The gift of living this "awful" life is death (or eternal life in Heaven).
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 6:45 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• exactly why i don't believe in god or the idea of it at all.

JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 6:47 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• im positive human life is all one big cosmic life, there is a god but damn does he have a sense of humor ;]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 6:53 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• God was absent that day. Since christians are so loose with their idea of time- I will call this a day and give him/it/her a pass... NOT there is so obviously not a god- this is only the tip of the iceberg... life is a cycle, and we are a part of it. Sometimes our *cycle* or *web strand* is truncated... as people like to say, life isn't fair...
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 6:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• lol i meant cosmic joke
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 6:56 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• If you didn't believe in a God, you wouldn't have to be bothered by these questions :) There is no reason for suffering. It just is. We aren't here for any reason and no one is watching over us, so there's nothing stopping bad things from happening. They just do. Some bad things can be solved by humans if they ACT on it instead of praying about it.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 7:09 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• a very good question indeed. God gave us our free agency, basicaly we get to make the choice to screw up do horrible things to ourselves and others without his interferance. However I wonder too why he doesnt reach out to the innocent victims and give them a hand. maybe he is doing something and we just dont see it , maybe there is a reason for all this bad stuff happening in the world. maybe it all happens because we make the choices to do stuff that we shouldn't do, or maybe not doing something to stop these things from happening. Only god knows for sure. when we ask for his help perhaps he doesnt give us what we want or how we want it. maybe he gives us what we need and maybe we dont always see his answering our prayers because we are looking for one thing and he is sending another. A bump for the question and a hug for you.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 7:13 PM on Mar. 19, 2009