Has any mothers tried breast feeding and just didnt like it?

I tried it but personally... I couldnt stand my breast leaking. Drove me insane!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As long as the baby nursed at least every two hours you wouldn't have leaked. I have been BFing for 5 weeks and I keep saying I am going to switch to formula but, I can't.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:43 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• What a silly reason to stop breastfeeding! I have never heard this excuse before...

Devory

Answer by Devory at 6:44 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I was feeding my oldest every couple of hours and constantly leaked. So the first poster's theory doesn't always hold true.

I never bonded with my son until we started formula. I was in so much pain with each suck he made. And it wasn't nipple pain, either.

I was told to pump first, pump last, pump in the middle to try to help the pain....it didn't help, but I was pumping over 6oz per session, and he was only a week old.

I hated it and couldn't even bring myself to try it again. I think it was more important that I get to bond with the baby than go through what we both went through.
    Anonymous

• I didn't w/ my first, I was 18 and a kid, lol. W/ my last one, I loved it, go figure-not the leak just the breast feeding.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 6:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I'm always amazed at women's reactions to this! Nursing is best, but not always possible. (Being a "wet nurse" was a job in the past...) I was in TEARS with my first son because we had difficulty latching on; I had never worked so hard at doing something so natural. I felt guilty, I was EXHAUSTED, I had third degree tears from my delivery and nursing felt like another new stressor. Luckily, I had a friend who was a midwife/nursing coach to field my tear-filled calls. If I didn't have her around, I don't know if I would have been able to continue my efforts. I nursed him until I got pregnant again. And, I easily nursed my second son until he decided he was done. Let's not condemn another mother for her choice...
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 7:27 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• You were leaking and your breasts hurt so much because you had an oversupply of milk from all of that pumping you were doing! Too bad someone didn't give you better info at the time.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 7:28 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I never pumped... i thought you only pumped if you were gonna put it into bottle.. wow I guess i should of asked someone.
    Anonymous

• I have to be honest and say I did not particularly like it. My daughter was delivered by an urgent (not quite emergency) c-section a month early, and we had ALOT of trouble breastfeeding, even with all the wonderful help from the nurses in the hospital. It hurt like hell, and my daughter just couldn't get the hang of it--it was just so much easier for her to have a bottle (she didn't want to work very hard!). I pumped like a mad woman as long as I could, which was also a bit weird (for ME) but because I have Epilepsy, and the medication transfers to breastmilk, I could only stay off of my meds for so long. I was able to feed my baby breast milk for 2 months, and even though I didn't like it, I would have tried to do it longer if I could have. This is NOT a judgement on anyone else, whatsoever, just my own personal experience.
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 2:30 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• i hated nursing... my son wouldnt latch on so i pumped... 15 mins on the right breast then 15 on the left then another 15 on the right then another 15 on the left again... and that was AFTER bottle feeding for 20 mins of my stored breast milk... so by the time i was done and back in bed i got to sleep for 45 mins and then he woke up again and had to do it all over again!!! so i quit after about a week! when i was breast feeding i cried and cried and cried... it just wasnt for me and my son is a HAPPY 22lbs 9 month old!!!
    softbalchic2004

Answer by softbalchic2004 at 10:22 PM on Mar. 22, 2009