Does anyone else only get heartburn when they are laying down?

I can be up all day and never even have the slighest feeling of it but when I ly down to go to sleep i get it so bad I cant even go to sleep.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes . it is very common with pregnancy.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 6:48 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Yes happens to me every night. It is easier for the acid to travel up your esphogas when you are horizontal than when you are vertical thats why it gets worse when you lay down.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:48 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• yup lol try a peppermint it works for me
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:50 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i have it all day long doesn't matter what i do. the dr.'s suggest not t sleep flat but with about a 6in incline. hope it helps!
    av0531

Answer by av0531 at 6:53 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i have the same problem, so when i lay down in bed i tried to have two pillows under my back so the acid cant travel up. just stay proped up if you can sleep like that
    ALLIE637

Answer by ALLIE637 at 8:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2009