Question about Animal Guides......

***I'd appreciate responses from people with Spirit/Animal guide experience***

I saw another post about Spirit Animal Guides and I'm wondering about an actual animal in my life. Ok, I LOVE cats but, I've never gotten along with my BF's cat. We've lived together with the cat (which was his originally) for about 8months. To me the cat is pretty mean (especially to my SS). But, out of nowhere when I was having a very difficult time the cat has started being all over me: behind my head on the back of the couch while I'm sitting or sitting next to me wherever I go. Does this have anything to do with "guidance"? And this happened the same day I talked about my experiences with my G-Ma (smelling her perfume, she has passed) on here in th R &B's section, could there be a connection? Any positive input & info is welcome, thanks!

BubbaLuva

Asked by BubbaLuva at 6:50 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• There could be a connection. Animal guides are in spirit to guide us. But this cat is connecting with you for sure. Other animals can help us through things as well and not even have to be your actual spirit guide. Different animals have different strengths etc. and an animal connecting with you can be a symbol of something specific in your life.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 7:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I don't know what I believe about that, but I CAN tell you that my Grandmother was extremely close with her dog, and the day the dog died it layed it's head on her lap as it passed. That same day I was born. My mother and I stayed the first two weeks with my granparents, so Grandma could help out. My Grandma tells me that as she held me over her head, a curious look of recognition came over my face as if I had known her all her life. We were tightly close until the day she passed away. My Grandmother was Catholic so animal reincarnation would have never entered her mind. I didn't even know about the dog until much later after I was married and when she told me, she made not even a subconcious suggestion or insinuation that the two events could have been related.
    UltimateGrandma

Answer by UltimateGrandma at 7:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Do you get any *feeling* while in the presence of the cat? I have always had connections to the natural world, some animals show up A LOT in my life (ravens). Is the presence soothing, or in any other way memorable? Does it make you think? It could be coincidence, or it could mean you are ready to process something difficult for you... Smells are a powerful thing, I have smells associated w/ my gma too... Sometimes it is just what it makes you think about, and settle in your mind. you make the connections. Even if it is only meaningful to you- that makes it even more special in my mind...
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 7:08 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I cannot find many good websites to do with power animals or spirit guides but I did get a little bit:
    "If cat appears in your life the blending of magic and mystery is close by. Like the cat, you too are independent and a free thinker. At night you probably feel energized. You will stay with a person or situation until you are bored - and then you're off again looking for something more interesting. Cat encourages agility in both body and mind. You will be presented with new ideas and places. The cat gives you clearer perception. You have good organisational skills. The cat teaches us that the physical and spiritual worlds are not separate, but one, and is a good assistant for meditation. A resourceful, strong and fearless spirit guide lending you courage and confidence. Examine the colours, character and behaviour of the cat that has entered your life. Everything about it will be mirrored in your own life."
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 7:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I have a book but there are no entries about cats :)
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 7:20 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Your spirit guide could be a cat. Cats don't come when you call them, but I had two of them (now deceased) who always came when I NEEDED them. When I was sick or sad or afraid. My cat Leander still does come, on occasion, from the Other Side. I can't see him but I feel his weight across my legs when I'm lying in bed. I feel his purr vibrating the bed. And it makes me feel better. When they wish to, they can bring the comfort and support, even if they're no longer on this side of life.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 8:08 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Animals are actually very sensitve to our feelings. I know any time I'm feeling down my dogs are all over me - moreso than usual. So the cat probably picked up on your sadness and was trying to offer you comfort. Animals really are our protectors in so many ways. It may or may not signal a spirit guide but your bf's cat probably did help to take away some of your tension just by being there. They (animals) have the ability to take our negative energy and neutralize it so it's no longer a problem.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 9:49 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I was going to post the whole of the site, but it would have taken to much space...
    A cat is a magickal type of creature along with other features... here is the link... scroll down and you can read ...
    Cats are of a mind of their own, I have 3...lol... but they are wonderful creatures and are conforting when you are down... ( mine are... 2 solid blacks and 1 black & white one)...

http://www.sayahda.com/cyc1.html

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• hannahwill, thank you for all the information, very interesting & helpful!

Witchqueen, interesting that you mention that about cats not coming when you call, people have told me that my whole life but, all the cats I've owned have always come when I call them by name, go figure:)

cat

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 10:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• No problem! :)
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 10:26 PM on Mar. 19, 2009