"no fun" for 6 weeks

i am curious as too what no fun entails...
the docs tell women after they give birth or even after miscarriage "no fun" for weeks... is this because it could mess up the womans insides? or is it so the body can have adequate time to heal befor becomming pregnant again?
also.... ive heard no fun entails no vaginal penetration, but does it include anal? any ways im just curious as too the differences..... never experience dit befor but im curious....

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not having sex is for alot of reason, so you can heal, so you can get a first period and know you arent pregnant before the 6 week check up, in a miscarriage situation they like you to have some normal cycles before trying again.

Answer by gemgem at 6:58 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• well i didnt wait 6 weeks i waited a month.
    but after you have your first period i think you'd be fine.
    but thats just me.

• I only waited 4 weeks, but they 6 because they want you to heal up before you start putting stuff in Anal is fine if you want to.

Answer by asholan_07 at 7:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• It's giving your body time to heal, giving your uterus time to go back to normal and it prevents bacteria from getting in there and causing an infection. It doesn't include anal.....

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:08 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• As the other people said, it's to give time for your body to heal. Sometimes your cervix may not close completely right away, you're swollen down there, possibly torn. Sometimes if you have your PP appointment earlier your OB can clear you earlier(my OB said I was good to go at 4 weeks PP....although I had no desire!)
    As for anal, I'm not sure about the early weeks, that area may be swollen too......I'd ask your OB.

Answer by Paesana82 at 8:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I didn't have sex at all for the 6 weeks PP. Honestly, I didn't even want to have sex, I was so tired. I think that there are several reasons to abstain, one being so that your body can heal, another being that you are extremely fertile.

Answer by mlregalado at 1:17 AM on Mar. 20, 2009